Correcting Volume Loss Using Dermal Fillers
As we age, we start to lose volume in certain areas of the face which can make us look tired and sunken. The face loses its contours and the effects of gravity become apparent.
There are several factors that affect facial ageing. These include skin, volume, muscle and bone. Unlike wrinkles that require muscle relaxants to soften them, facial volume and folds require dermal fillers to help re-volumise and hydrate the area.
The main areas of facial volume loss are the cheeks, smile lines, tear troughs, accordion lines, the corners of the mouth, jowls and temples.
Treatment options for volume loss
Dermal fillers can effectively rejuvenate or enhance your appearance. Dermal fillers restore volume and hydration making you look younger and fresher. Dermal fillers can also reshape your face to help you achieve your desired look. Our dermal fillers can be tailored to suit your needs and their results can be seen immediately.
Depending on the type of filler used and the area treated, results can be maintained anywhere between six to eight months. To maintain a flawless result, it is recommended all clients schedule a review with our qualified injectors every six months.
Dermal Fillers are used to help replenish facial volume loss which may be seen as flattening or shrivelling of the skin, wrinkles and folding of the skin. Dermal fillers are also commonly used for lip enhancement, cheek enhancement, non surgical facelift, non surgical jowl reduction, chin enhancement, brow shaping or lifting, reshaping of the nose and filling of the tear troughs.
Dermal fillers are used to revolumise the face. Lost volume may manifest as a fold, wrinkle, or flattening of an area. Facial volume loss is one of the key factors in the ageing process, and dermal fillers can help to replenish this lost volume and rejuvenate the face.
Dermal Filler treatment areas:
- lip enhancement,
- nasolabial folds
- cheek enhancement
- eye bags/filling tear troughs
- nose reshaping
- chin augmentation
- non-surgical facelift
- Treatment of deep lines and wrinkles
Dermal fillers are used to:
- Enhance the lips by replacing lost volume which is lost naturally as we age and redefine your lip shape
- Reduce the appearance of eye hollows/ eye bags by placing fillers in the tear troughs to smooth the transition of the lower eyelid to the cheek
- Enhance the cheeks by replacing lost volume and lifting the cheeks
- Chin and jowl; Used to give a smoother chin line by filling lose areas of the jowl and chin.
- Nose augmentation; We can correct a hook or bump, widen a thin nose and even make an Asian nose look more western.
- Nasolabial folds (from the nose to corners of mouth; Used to soften these folds, and encourage natural collagen renewal. This area is most often corrected by the lifting effect of cheek filler.
- Deep Lines: While muscle relaxants will soften the majority of lines and wrinkles some deeper ones will benefit from fillers. In some areas, one dermal filler treatment is sometimes enough to correct long term lines when used in conjunction with regular muscle relaxants. We can use dermal fillers on many lines such as smile lines, frown lines, lip lines, crow’s feet and foreheads.
- Hands or décolletage; Used mostly for rehydration
A single treatment can be seen instantly and can last for around 6 to 24 months depending on the thickness of the product and a number or biological factors of an individual client.
Consultations are a must, as not all clients are suitable for dermal fillers.
*A service fee of $25 will be charged.